Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive director to lead our school to excellence.
for more information.
The Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter (LCPCS) Director of Operations (DO) serves as the LCPCS Governing Board’s Chief Executive Officer. The DO reports directly to the LCPCS Governing Board and is the leader for day-to-day delivery of the educational program and school operations within the context the school's mission, goals, and values.
Maintains a Safe, Positive and Professional Learning Culture:
- Complies with all safety and legal requirements
- Upholds and enforces policies and procedures as determined by the LCPCS Governing Board
- Models and promotes open, effective communication among all community members.
- Models and facilitates a professional and collegial climate
- Works in conjunction with key stakeholders to include all program areas and perspectives in major program decisions
Develop and Implements:
- Recruitment and hiring processes and systems
- Staff evaluation and accountability system
- Implement long-range strategic plan developed by the Governing Board
- System for collecting, analyzing, and reporting continuous improvement data (learning results, student and parent satisfaction, community perception)
- Setting annual academic goals to ensure academic excellence
- Responsible for hiring and personnel decisions upon LCPCS Governing Board approval
- Manage all personnel documentation including but not limited to: leaves, payroll, certification, licensing, etc.
- Supervises work of office and support staff
- Develops and/or coordinates ongoing professional development for faculty, office and support staff
- Attends monthly Governing Board meetings as a non-voting member and reports to the Board, as required
• Participates on Board committees
• Serve as lead on teacher contract negotiation team
• Works together with Faculty Teams to accomplish school goals
• Communicates and coordinates with government agencies and other organizations including the Charter School Commission and the Department of Education
•Reports to the Governing Board as required
- Develops annual school budget
- Develops school procedures and procedures manual
- Oversees all school financial activities to ensure compliance with the school's fiscal strategic plan
• Manages Title 1 funds
• Develops and oversees internal financial controls
• Oversees annual financial audit
• Oversee all school contracts
- Oversees school fundraising efforts
- Initiates fund development and works with other non-profit agencies and community programs to bring additional resources to the school
- Develops annual school calendar
- Develop master schedule
- Develops and Implements Title I plan
- Works with faculty and staff to develop curriculum using LCPCS goals and philosophy
- Plans and facilitates staff meetings and teacher articulation days
- Communicates regularly with staff and parents via newsletters, bulletins, etc.
- Handles parent concerns
- Oversees student recruitment and admission procedures
- Works with staff members to make improvement plans based on data
- Oversees Special Education Programs
- Implements Discipline Policy
Community Relations and Development:
- Coordinates public relations efforts
- Develops programs and processes to promote parent and community support and involvementSchool tours
- Develops community and business partnerships
- Represents LCPCS at community and business meetings, events and activities.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversees accreditation
- Oversees breakfast and lunch program
- Facility and grounds management
- Title III ELL Program
- Student Transportation
- Other duties that may be required