Grades Served: PreK-10
School Code: #560
Type of Charter: Start-up
Enrollment Count: 190
These figures represent each school’s August official enrollment count, which include all grades served from kindergarten through grade 12, but do not include preschool. Note: These counts are different from the October 15 enrollment counts, which are used to determine charter schools’ per-pupil allocations.
Enrollment Available: Hawaii
The mission of the Volcano School of Arts & Sciences is to:
• Focus on the unique ecosystems and geology of the Volcano area
• Cultivate responsibility for nature and the environment
• Involve the community in ongoing partnership
• Provide a solid academic foundation for students
• Encourage creative problem-solving and critical thinking
• Provide avenues for creative expressions
• Teach practical life skills
• Offer a rich multicultural program
• Nurture respect and understanding of Hawaiian culture
• Foster social responsibility and respect for others
• Impart a lifelong love of learning
• Serve the Volcano community
• Celebrate learning success of all children
All in a safe and supportive “learning village” environment.
Learning through Volcano’s unique natural and cultural resources today to become creative global citizens tomorrow.